Saturday, March 24, 2012

My vacation

A couple of weeks ago my wife & I went on vacation to a lovely small resort in Dominican Republic near Porta Plata. We had a wonderful time escaping the "harsh" Canadian winter. And of course, I had to take my balloons with me. The 1st night we met some newlyweds in the bar:
She was pleased with her hitch hiker balloon.
We went on an excursion to "Monkey Jungle and Zip Line Adventure" My little red dog thought the zip line was a hoot!!
And I made a monkey for the owner of "Monkey Jungle". He is a philanthropist who provides free dental work to the people of DR. There is a dental clinic on site. It is paid for by the admission fees to the "Monkey Jungle" & "Zip Line Adventure"
Our waiter asked for some balloons for his 3 kids. After I made them I asked how old the kids were. I expected he had young children, but he told me they were 17, 15 & 11 years old. Funny how people of all ages enjoy balloons.
We had a very relaxing week in the sun. Good fun, good food & good service. But finally it was time for my little red dog to say good bye to the wait staff.
Until next time....

No comments: