Monday, May 16, 2011

Walking fo MS

On April 17, I was invited to make balloons for the people participating in the walk for Multiple Sclerosis. This is a 10 km walk/run to raise money for  MS research.
I have volunteered my time for about 10 years. I make balloons for about an hour before the walk starts as people are registering. This is a well organized event. They provide snacks and beverages before the walk starts and a barbeque when they get back.
This year my daughter, Sarah, came with me to make balloon hats. This is the first time that she has been able to participate with me. We had a wonderful time talking to the kids and their parents. I saw many people that I know.
Here are a couple of pictures:













The kids are always polite and patient as they wait for their balloon hats. I enjoy coming to this event every year.

No comments: